Skocz do zawartości

Ciekawe Artykuly

NY-PiXo

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime ... ime-051216

Ćwiartka sezonu za nami, no i juz sa pierwsze podsumowania do nagrod, co do ROTY to sprawa jest prosta, tylko Chris Paul. Ale juz COTY i MVP mnie lekko rozsmieszyly, znowu Suns, nie no chyba zarty, przeciez oni nie sa juz potega taka jak byli w tamtym roku kiedy to wygrali ponad 60 meczy, obecnie sa nieźli, ale nie w czolowce, a wybor Nasha na MVP jest dla mnie śmieszny, o wiele bardziej pasuje mi tu Elton Brand. A coach d'Antoni to juz chyba wiekszy zart. Ja bym postawil raczej na kogoś innego, chocby Dunleavy'ego czy Montgomerrego z Oakland. Chociaz MIP jest IMO dobrze wybreany bo Mo williams, gra czasami wrecz fantastycznie, a w pamieci mam ten jego fenomanelny buzzer beater z 9 metrów.

Ale juz COTY i MVP mnie lekko rozsmieszyly, znowu Suns, nie no chyba zarty, przeciez oni nie sa juz potega taka jak byli w tamtym roku kiedy to wygrali ponad 60 meczy, obecnie sa nieźli, ale nie w czolowce, a wybor Nasha na MVP jest dla mnie śmieszny, o wiele bardziej pasuje mi tu Elton Brand. A coach d'Antoni to juz chyba wiekszy zart. Ja bym postawil raczej na kogoś innego, chocby Dunleavy'ego czy Montgomerrego z Oakland. Chociaz MIP jest IMO dobrze wybreany bo Mo williams, gra czasami wrecz fantastycznie, a w pamieci mam ten jego fenomanelny buzzer beater z 9 metrów.

Też mnie rozbawiło to rozpływanie się nad Suns, 21 meczów z czego aż 14 na własnym parkiecie i bilans 13-8 dający obecnie 6 miejsce na zachodzie, zobaczymy jak kalendarz zrobi się trudniejszy ja dalej się trzymam swojego zdania, że będą poza PO. MVP to dla mnie także bez wątpienia póki co Elton Brand Clippers też schodzą na ziemię bo świetnym początku, ale Brand to jak dotąd MVP.

DPOTY- Mourning nie mam zastrzeżeń najlepszy obrońca, Camby jeszcze by w miarę pasował

To co mnie zaskoczyło(dopóki nie zobaczyłem kto jest autorem) to wybór Williamsa na MIP, Smush Parker bez wątpienia jest graczem, który po 1/4 sezonu bezdyskusyjnie zasługuje na ten tytuł i lata mi to, że ktoś mnie nazwie loverem Lakers, ale Williams w stosunku do zeszłego sezonu poprawił jedynie o 4 średnią punktów, zbiórki mu poleciały w dół asysty mu poleciały zdecydowanie w dół, Parker z nieznanego gracza, który był zwalniany z dwóch drużyn jest pewnym punktem pierwszej piątki i wykręca 12/3/3 i dodaje do tego dobrą defensywę, ale to za mało żeby gracz Lakers został chociaż wspomniany przez kogoś kto tak nienawidzi tej drużyny jak Legler :?

Technical inflation

Steve Francis in Orlando isn't the only one who has cut down his technical fouls this season. It's happening all around the league.

The reason -- at least partially -- is financial.

Under terms of the new collectively bargaining agreement, the fine for a technical foul has more than doubled from the standard $500 it has been for many years.

Players now are fined $1,000 for their first five technicals in a season. For technicals 6-10, the fine is $1,500, and the price climbs to $2,000 from 11-15. Starting with number 16, the price is $2,500 and a one-game suspension for every other technical, which means another 1/82nd of a player's salary, which really can up the ante.

Francis was third in the league last season with 22 technicals, but he has only one this season, a considerable improvement.

There have been only 188 technical fouls league-wide this season, compared to 270 at this point last season.

"It's going to cost guys a little more," said Otis Smith, Magic assistant general manager. "But with Steve, it's part of his growing up, and how he wants to be perceived by teammates and fans."

Już myślałem, że Francis wreszcie dojrzał do bycia zawodnikiem na miarę potencjału jaki posiada. A tu się okazuje, że przyczyna może być nieco bardziej prozaiczna ;).

• 4 tygodnie później...

Start chants for Kobe: `MVP'

BY TIM POVTAK

The Orlando Sentinel

This is the year to break tradition.

The Los Angeles Lakers aren't going to win their division.

They won't win 55 games. They won't even win 50 games.

They probably will flirt with .500 all season and just hope

for enough luck to reach the first round of the playoffs.

But that's no reason to deny Kobe Bryant his rightful due.

He should be a runaway Most Valuable Player in 2006.

Except for the lockout-shortened 1999 season, there hasn't

been an MVP on a team with fewer than 55 wins for the past

20 years.

It's time for Bryant to break that string.

He truly is the league's MVP today, making the mediocre

Lakers the most exciting team in the league.

Don't bore us with talk about Chauncey Billups, who never

even has been an NBA all-star. The Detroit Pistons and San

Antonio Spurs clearly are the two best teams in the league -

the only two really good teams today - but Bryant is head

and shoulders above every other player in the league.

It's not his fault the Lakers are average. Without him, they

are the Atlanta Hawks. With him, they were worth staying

awake for the end of a 10:30 p.m. start last week against

LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. That's awfully

valuable for a league that values television ratings.

The first game Thursday between Detroit and San Antonio -

another preview of the 2006 NBA Finals - didn't get half the

attention that the late-night game between the Lakers and

Cavs did.

It's why stars sell, and teams don't. Is it right? No. Is it

reality? Yes.

Bryant, Allen Iverson and James are staging a three-man race

for the scoring title, which has become more compelling

than the team standings. Bryant went into Saturday averaging

34.1 points. If he sustains it through the season, it will

be the highest average since Michael Jordan (35 points per

game) in 1988. His streak of four consecutive games of 45

points or more - which ended last week - was the longest

sustained such scoring barrage since Wilt Chamberlain in

Although he had just 27 points Thursday in the victory

against James and the Cavs, he did it with a sprained right

wrist, hitting the final three jumpers in the closing two

minutes to beat the Cavs.

That's not selfishness. It's dominance. Seven times in his

career he has scored 50 points or more. The Lakers won six

of those.

Iverson already has won four scoring titles. He is the last

to win both a scoring title and an MVP award in the same

season (2001), but it's clearly Bryant's turn.

The Lakers might not be very good, but Bryant is the best.

Myślę, że Lakers będą lepsi niż autor przewiduje, ale Bryant i tak MVP nie dostanie. To co mnie zaciekawiło to ten fragment:

The first game Thursday between Detroit and San Antonio -

another preview of the 2006 NBA Finals - didn't get half the

attention that the late-night game between the Lakers and

Cavs did.

Dobrze wiedzieć, że nie tylko ja wolę oglądać pojedynki Lakers-Cavs czy Lakers-Heat niż pojedynki ostatnich i pewnie następnych finalistów :lol:

• 3 tygodnie później...
http://82games.com/charge.htm - bardzo ciekawa statystyka, mówiąca kto wymusił najwięcej fauli ofensywnych w tym sezonie. Chyba zgodzicie się ze mną, że ta trudna sztuka mówi co nieco może nie bezpośrednio o umiejętnościach defensywnych danego zawodnika, ale na pewno o jego sprycie. Swoją drogą szacunek dla Bella, który ma ponad jedno takie wymuszenie na mecz (dla Collinsa też, bo jest bardzo blisko jedynki, a gra mniej minut).

• 2 tygodnie później...

zainteresowanych wzbudzającym od początku sezonu emocje korespondencyjnym pojedynkiem o miano najlepszego PG dratftu 2005 pomiędzy Paulem a Williamsem zapraszam do lektury ciekawego i obszernego tekstu, który choć jest z deseret news (i w związku z tym napisany z punktu widzenia Utah), to zawiera sporo cytatów jednego najlepszych ekspertów od NBA Chada Forda jak i wypowiedzi Larry'ego Browna, Sloana, O' Connora i samego Williamsa i dosyć kompleksowo przedstawia wyższość Paula przy jednoczesnym braku żałowania ze strony Jazz, że wzięli z wyższym numerem Williamsa

http://www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,12 ... 34,00.html

Wiem ze to nie artykuł ale na serwisie e-nba za sprawa Shaq'a( :wink: ) pojawiły sie propozycje zmian odnosnie zasad w lidze i chciałbym je po krotce skomentowac :)

# Tzw. "clear path rule" (reguła wolnej ścieżki - jeśli można tak przetłumaczyć) - dotyczy sytuacji, gdy zawodnik atakowanej drużyny jest wcześnie faulowany, by zapobiec rozegraniu kontrataku. Obecnie faulowana drużyna dostaje rzut wolny i piłkę. W planie zmiany proponuje się dwa rzuty wolne i piłkę.

Uwazam to za korzystne. Takim sytuacjom trzeba zapobiegac, bo one niszcza i ducha czystej rywalizacji a takze i troche efektywnosc na ktora w dobie obrony coraz wiecej osob narzeka. Kara 2 osobistych i dodatkowo jeszcze przyznanie piłki wydaje mi sie ze zniecheci do faulowania bo zamiast jednej kontry mozna podczas jeden akcji stracic nawet 5 pkt.

#Zdarza się, że faulowany łokciem lub wskutek uderzeniu czy faulu niesportowego zawodnik nie jest w stanie wykonać przyznanych rzutów wolnych. Obecnie w takiej sytuacji drużyna faulująca wyznacza w ekipie przeciwnej dowolnego gracza, który wykona owe rzuty. Może być nawet z ławki rezerwowych. Propozycja jest taka, by rzuty wolne mógł wykonać dowolny z czterech kolegów faulowanego zawodnika, którzy byli na boisku w momencie zajścia.

W sumie zmiana dla mnie bez róznicy nie wiem jak ja oceniac. Jestem neutralny, bo tak jest dobrze i po zmianie tez zle byc nie powinno.

#W sytuacji wykonywanych rzutów wolnych zawodnicy, którzy nie stoją w linii bezpośrednio przy "trumnie", nie będą mogli ani trochę zapuszczać się poniżej linii rzutów wolnych w czasie wykonywania rzutu. To ukróci praktykę wkradania się z rogu pod kosz w celu dobicia piłki.

Wolabym zeby to zostalo, bo jak wiadomo nie zdaza sie to czesto, jest to efektowne, pobudza widowinie no i sprawia ze jak juz sa te rzuty osobiste wykonywane to guardowie nie stoja bezczynnie koło linii srodkowej. Zla decyzja IMO, bo nie ma sensu tego zmieniac jak to zjawisko prawie ze marginale i zawsze jakies urozmaicenie :wink:

Propozycja, by sędziowie mogli "puścić" grę w sytuacji, gdy broniąca drużyna wejdzie w posiadanie piłki moment po tym, jak zabrzmi syrena oznajmiająca, iż upłynął czas 24 sekund. Obecnie, jeśli syrena zabrzmi w czasie, gdy piłka jest w locie i nie dotknie ona później obręczy, sędziowie zatrzymują grę i przyznają drużynie broniącej piłkę z boku.

3x Tak. Przyspieszy to gre, sprawi ze nie bediez taka rygorystyczna, warto puszczac takie akcje bo i tak zespól dostaje piłke wiec nie ma sensu tego przedłuzac na wznownie z boku.

W czasie wszystkich 20-sekundowych przerw dozwolone byłyby nieograniczone zmiany. Obecnie zmiany takie są dozwolone tylko w czasie ostatnich 2 minut każdej połowy spotkania.

Jestem za, czas to czas i podczas niego powinny byc dozwolonje nieogracznione zmiany.

Ogólnie to bez rewolucji, zmiany raczej kosmetyczne ale mimo to wprowadziłbym tylko niektóre z nich.

• 2 tygodnie później...

Bardzo ciekawy tekst o możliwej przyszłości Garnetta, autorastwa Sama Smitha, kolesia raczej znanego Chicagowskim fanom. Nie daję linka, bo trzeba być zarejestrowany. Jedyne z czym się na 100% nie zgadzam to przyszłość Bosha i LeBrona. Tam jeszcze nic nie jest pewne

Paul Pierce would help and so would Ray Allen. It would be nice to have Al Harrington or Peja Stojakovic. One can dream about Chris Bosh or LeBron James, but they're probably not going anywhere.

The guy everyone wants is Kevin Garnett, who was fined $5,000 Monday for throwing a basketball into the stands Sunday and is at the United Center with the Minnesota Timberwolves on Tuesday night to play the Bulls. The question is where he will be next season.

The Timberwolves and Garnett mostly ignore the incessant prattling about Garnett leaving the long misguided, underachieving franchise, though there continue to be rumors and reports--TNT added another last week--that the Timberwolves wouldn't stand in Garnett's way if he wanted to be traded.

"Sounds to me like they wouldn't mind moving him but don't want the blame," offered one team executive who would like to be in on what could be the best personnel sweepstakes since Shaquille O'Neal went to Miami.

So what makes sense? Here's a look at the 10 most likely deals for Garnett this summer:

1. Los Angeles Clippers: Sorry, Bulls fans. Garnett lives in Malibu and the Clippers could put together a much better package than the Lakers. It would help them retain Sam Cassell, whom Garnett worked well with in Minnesota and can take that last shot. Watching Garnett being triple-teamed now is sad. Plus, the Clippers have what Garnett and Cassell didn't have, a center in Chris Kaman. How about Elton Brand, Corey Maggette as he returns from surgery and Shaun Livingston for perhaps Garnett and Mark Madsen, the latter to dance at the Clippers' championship rally.

2. Golden State Warriors: Figure this will be the summer they try to make the big splash, and they have the assets. They could put together something appealing with their No. 1 pick, Jason Richardson and Troy Murphy and perhaps throw in one of their European kids, like Andris Biedrins or Zarko Cabarkapa.

3. Indiana Pacers: They've got a big piece in Jermaine O'Neal, whom they probably would deal for someone like Garnett. Perhaps with one of their guards, like Jamaal Tinsley, Anthony Johnson or Sarunas Jasikevicius and a No. 1 pick, it would be enough for the Timberwolves to come away looking whole and with some assets.

4. New York Knicks: Well, they do have a lot of players. And they have two No. 1 draft picks this season, though in the bottom half, probably from Denver and San Antonio. Maybe the two No. 1s, Channing Frye, Steve Francis, Jamal Crawford and David Lee. Minnesota would have to think about it for Garnett and an extra like Madsen, and if they have bad contracts the Knicks surely would take them.

5. Los Angeles Lakers: Garnett is their rebuilding plan with Amare Stoudemire and Yao Ming having re-signed. Garnett and Kobe Bryant would be enough to be back in serious contention. Perhaps Lamar Odom, promising kid center Andrew Bynum, whomever else they may want and a No. 1 draft pick? It's not like the Lakers got that much for O'Neal. If Garnett chooses a place to go and is insistent, the Timberwolves have to get the best they can to avoid a scene. And Garnett, who some label a high-level Don Knotts-type since he is best as a supporting man in the end, badly needs a finisher to play with to have the kind of ultimate success he seeks.

6. Bulls: The Timberwolves need to build and the Bulls have pieces. The risk with Garnett is he has played more than 30,000 minutes and never is hurt. How long can he keep that up? But in the East, he could make a big difference. Perhaps the Knicks' No. 1 pick, which the Bulls own and seems certain to be in the top 5 if not No. 1, Ben Gordon, Chris Duhon and Andres Nocioni? Maybe even throw in the Bulls' other No. 1, which should be toward the middle of the first round.

The Bulls can absorb Garnett's salary with their salary-cap space. The assumption is the Timberwolves, like the Lakers did with O'Neal, would give Garnett veto over certain deals. So the question is whether the Bulls would have enough left to be a high-level competitor and be attractive to Garnett.

7. Dallas Mavericks: I've long thought this one fit. And if the Mavericks are an early playoff victim, it might make sense with their new defensive direction to offer Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry in a sign-and-trade.

8. New Jersey Nets: Wouldn't they love to continue to stick it to the Knicks? And they have some big pieces they can give up, like Vince Carter or Richard Jefferson. Remember, Garnett isn't going just anywhere. Figure it should be a major market or somewhere he can win. Maybe Carter, Nenad Krstic and their two No. 1s, their own and the Clippers'.

9. Philadelphia 76ers: Hard to see the Timberwolves taking on Allen Iverson, but you can assume the 76ers will make a run with him. Something like Iverson, their No. 1 pick and a piece like Andre Iguodala or Kyle Korver. Hey, people seem to go to games everywhere but Philadelphia to see Iverson.

10. Boston Celtics: This is the big strike Minnesota supposedly has been holding back for. So make it Pierce, Al Jefferson and the No. 1 pick, which would give the Timberwolves plenty to build with, though it might look a little too much like Celtics Midwest after the Ricky Pierce deal. Wally Szczerbiak and Garnett back together again?

• 3 tygodnie później...

mam nadzieję, że się nie obrazicie, że daję link do artykułu z naszej strony (tłumaczenie z Salt Lake Tribune), ale dotyczy on Karla Malone i jego życia na koszykarskiej emeryturze, jakże różnego od tego jakie prowadził w czasach gry w NBA.....tekst jest wybitnie ciekawy i idealnie pasuje przed jutrzejszą pożegnalną uroczystością Mailmana - zaręczam, że się zaciekawicie i z chęcią przeczytacie do końca nawet pomimo powszechnej antypatii do Karla:)

http://jazz.e-nba.pl/index.php?subactio ... om=&ucat=&

• 2 tygodnie później...
  • 2 tygodnie później...