Skocz do zawartości

Offseason 2020

nba2midnight

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Chyba bez niespodzianki

The Knicks are on the short list of viable trade destinations for Houston's Russell Westbrook, league sources say If the Knicks prove willing to absorb the $130+ million left on Westbrook's contract to make him their centerpiece, there is a trade to be made They have weighed it.

Two-time All-Star Victor Oladipo has informed the Pacers that he is fully committed to the franchise and direction of team entering the upcoming season, he tells @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

-Scotto: If Chris Paul falls through, Fred VanVleet is a guy Phoenix has interest in depending on how things shake out on the trade market. 

— On Jrue Holiday trade scenarios. Scotto: The Nuggets, I heard back towards the trade deadline, made a run to try to acquire him with guys like Will Barton and Gary Harris being dangled out there. 

A ze strefy true weteranow oraz wiecznie powracajacych do sprawnosci:

Tim Reynolds: And now, The Captain returns. Udonis Haslem is coming back for Season 18. He’ll sign a one-year, $2.5 million contract.(All before noon.) 

DeMarcus Cousins continues to recover from the left knee injury that cost him his 2019-20 campaign and may not be ready to play on an opening day roster next month.

There haven’t been any specific setbacks, Cousins’ agent Jeff Schwartz tells SLAM, but the former All-Star is intent on returning at full strength and in a situation that’s going to be a good fit for him.

Edytowane przez nba2midnight

Niezbyt dużo info nowych, ale coś na rozpoczęcie weekendu:

Adrian Wojnarowski: Chris Finch is finalizing a deal to join Nick Nurse’s coaching staff with the Toronto Raptors, sources tell ESPN. Most recently, Finch’ has been an assistant with New Orleans and Denver. He has a long history with Nurse dating back to the G-League and Europe. 

via Twitter wojespn

If Russell Westbrook is on the discount rack, Knicks president Leon Rose is all in, according to NBA sources. With Chris Paul’s trade situation up in the air, Rose still has some interest in seeing if he can pry Westbrook from Houston, if he’s on sale, but it would seem like a long shot. 

Adrian Wojnarowski: Here’s how sources describe the marketplace for a possible Russell Westbrook trade: Slow developing. 
 via Twitter wojespn

Longtime Thunder assistant Maurice Cheeks is reportedly joining Billy Donovan’s staff in Chicago, and it’s unclear which of the five other Thunder assistants (David Akinyooye, Vin Bhavnani, Dave Bliss, Brian Keefe, Mike Wilks) will remain in Oklahoma City under Daigneault. “I think a lot of times you can hurt the room and the group if it just becomes about offsetting your weaknesses and filling your own individual gaps,” Daigneault said of the hiring process. 

Kevin O’Connor of The Ringer came out with another bombshell: the Knicks are interested in Boston Celtics’ Gordon Hayward. “Gordon Hayward, who obviously — there’s already been rumors we’ve heard about maybe him wanting to move on. The Knicks are interested, I’ve heard…,” O’Connor said on The Ringer NBA Show The Mismatch. 

Amid the trade rumors, however, DeRozan appeared on the “All the Smoke” podcast where Matt Barnes asked about the trade rumors linking him to the Lakers. DeRozan went on to explain that growing up in LA and idolizing Kobe Bryant, he used to envision himself playing for the Lakers. “You always want to be wanted. When you see things about teams wanting you, you can’t feel a type of way. You better feel good about it, because there are guys that are not wanted,” the Spurs combo guard added. 
 via Clutch Points

The Lakers are willing to discuss trades involving Danny Green, Begley reports. 

Also, in Los Angeles, there isn’t a consensus among decision-makers about signing Kyle Kuzma to a contract extension, SNY sources confirm (as first reported by The Ringer). I don’t see Los Angeles seriously considering a trade of Kuzma in the offseason, but it’s something worth keeping an eye on if you’re a Knick fan. The Knicks pursued Kuzma in trade talks at the 2020 trade deadline. 

via SportsNet New York

From what we’ve gathered from two sources who’ve been in contact with the Knicks about roster decisions, Tom Thibodeau is pushing win-now moves. That’s predictable. It’s how the coach is wired. Thibodeau is also a former team president who acknowledged having a say in New York’s roster construction. 

Rival teams interested in Christian Wood believe the Knicks have made him a No. 1 target for free agency, according to Begley.

Giannis Antetokounmpo gave an interview during a visit to Sweden discussing his future with the Milwaukee Bucks.

"There are a lot of rumors," said Antetokounmpo. "Everyone has opinions. But at the end of the day, I will do what is best for my family. I do not see why I could not be in Milwaukee for several years. As long as Milwaukee and I are on the same page when it comes to being one of the best teams in the league and winning championships, that's fine. 

EDIT:

Report: Russell Westbrook more interested in being 'the man again' than landing on a good team

The Nets have engaged in trade talks with the Rockets for James Harden, per @Farbod_E A possible return for Harden could be a variation of Spencer Dinwiddie, Caris LeVert, Taurean Prince, and Jarrett Allen.

Patrzac na powyzsze dwa niusy, to moze uda sie zalatwic obie sprawy. Harden do Nets, a wtedy Westbrook bedzie „the man” w niekoniecznie dobrej druzynie. No dobra. Moze nie takiej zlej, ale na przejebanym zachodzie chyba I tak bardziej walczyliby o PO niz o potencjalne HCA.

EDIT 2

- NBA Central: The New York Knicks may be willing to move R.J. Barrett or Mitchell Robinson if it meant landing one of the top three picks, per @Chad Ford (h/t @Sam Amico ) pic.twitter.com/VPsknnOgFe 

Ernest Macia: Marc Gasol: “I know there’s interest from several NBA teams to get in touch after Friday”. “I want to help my future team to win on a consistent basis and contend for the championship. I don’t see myself playing for a rebuilding team” 
 via Twitter

The Heat are hiring former NBA forward Caron Butler as an assistant coach on Erik Spoelstra‘s staff, a source tells Tim Reynolds of The Associated Press 

-  The Hawks are expected to be ‘aggressive but smart’ in free agency, a source tells Chris Kirschner of The Athletic. Atlanta will seemingly prioritize the draft and adding more than one player in free agency, rather than spend for a star such as Fred VanVleet(unrestricted free agent) or Brandon Ingram (restricted free agent). “We’re not just going to pay a guy so we can look good on paper,” the source said.

-I gdzies  mi jeszcze smignela plota, ale nie moge znalezc zrodla o wymianie Cavs-Clippers - George za Love’a i 5# pick...

-
Edytowane przez nba2midnight

Przecież cały świat opiera się teraz na kolorowych pomysłach. Skrajnościach. Polaryzacji życia. I suspensie 

Monday at 12 PM ET - Moratorium lifts 
Wednesday - NBA Draft 
Thursday 5PM ET - Deadline for most player/team options 
Friday 6 PM ET - FA negotiations open 
Sunday - FA opens 
11/23 & 11/24 - Many trade Exceptions expire

Tentative schedule 

December 22: Opening night. 
All-Star Break (minus an ASG): March 5-10 
May 16: Regular season ends 
May 17-to-21: Play-in tournament for 7-to-10 seeds. 
May 22: First-round playoffs 
June 7: Conference semifinals 
June 22: Conference Finals 
July 8-22: NBA Finals

The Play-in Tournament still needs to be approved by the Board of Governors, but that is a formality, per sources: No. 7 and No. 8 seeds need to win once to stay in playoffs; No. 9 and No. 10 seeds need to win twice to move up into field. Tentative dates of event: May 17-21.
9:24am · 15 Nov 2020 · Twitter Web App

Via Woj 

Last day for a player to sign a super max and rookie extension is Dec. 21.

23 minuty temu, Lucas napisał:

Dennis Schroeder w Lakers jutro, Woj i Schams.

lC3YnIYF_normal.jpg 
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn 

4m 
The Los Angeles Lakers are in advanced talks with Oklahoma City on a trade for guard Dennis Schroder, sources tell ESPN. Deal expected to include OKC acquiring LA’s pick at No. 28 in Wednesday’s draft. Deal can be completed at noon ET on Monday.

Mimo że nie jestem wielkim fanem Schroedera, to dla mnie dobry ruch, z kilku powodów:

1. Schroeder to dobry fit na parkiecie - scorer groźny z piłką, ale i bez niej (41% z catch and shoot za trzy w zeszłym sezonie), potrafiący się odnaleźć obok dominującego playmakera, efektywny z ławki, wchodzący w prime.

2. Green ma już 33 lata i raczej kiepski sezon za sobą.

3. Wymiana prawdopodobnie wiąże się z tym, że Lakers żegnają się z Rondo, co oznacza, że dobre playoffy w jego wykonaniu nie zamydliły osobom decyzyjnym oczu i klub nie będzie konkurował z ofertami na poziomie MLE.

4. Jeśli potwierdzi się punkt 3, to Lakersom łatwiej będzie zatrzymać KCP i uniknąć hard capu, co oznaczałoby pełne MLE do dyspozycji.

5. Nie będzie wymiany za DeRozana ani innych podobnych pomysłów.

48 minut temu, BMF napisał:

Potencjalnie średni trade IMHO: Danny Green do tej pory w contract year wymiatał, a czy Schroder będzie w stanie grać tak dobrze drugi sezon (słabe playoffy) to właściwie nie wiadomo. Ale może mają dogadanego winga na FA za MLE.

Schoreder też jest w contract year. ;)