Skocz do zawartości

Ciekawostki...

danp

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

on pyta o jakas druzyne z oklahomy, a ty mu wyjezdzasz z New Orleans Saints :P cos zle zrozumiales chyba Jmy :)

kontynuujac mysl w przekonaniu ze ja dobrze zrozumialem a kolega wyzej zle, Oklahoma nie ma zadnego zawodowego zespolu ;)

Nie, no rzeczywiście Jmy, jak pisze Maciek "walłeś" :wink: bo nie o New Orlean (tam coś jeszcze zostało :?: :!: po powodzi), ale o Oklahomę i ewentualnie St. Louis :) mi chodzi

Pozdro

P.S.1 fakt są ST.LOUIS BLUES w NHL

P.S. 2 Maciek nie "on" tylko Maxec tak dla 6-letniego porządku na tym forum

• 2 tygodnie później...

Ja nie wiem czy to nadaje sie do ciekawostek, bardziej do debilizmów (ale takiego tematu nie mamy). Kolejna złota mysl Marburego

Walki psów

Temu kolesiowi włodarze NYK powinni zakazac publicznych wystapień... wystarczy, ze Thomas publicznie kompromituje Knicks :wink:

:?

• 2 miesiące temu...

Chinczycy i ich nowe ksywy dla gwiazd NBA:

- LeBron James = Little Emperor

- Dirk Nowitzki = German Racecar (?)

- Carmelo Anthony = Sweet Melon

- Tim Duncan = Stone Buddha (?)

- Kone Bryant = Little Flying Warrior

I ta informacja:

United States — Population: 301,139,947 = Ilosc chinczykow grajacych w koszykowke*

*cos ponad 300.000.000

PS. Pisalem z glowy (uslyszalem w NBA Access with Ahmad Rashad) ale teraz tak szukam wiecej i oto co znalazlem http://www.nba.com/features/chinese_pla ... 70329.html

SONICS przenoszą sie do Oklahoma City

SEATTLE -- A year after formally taking ownership of the Seattle SuperSonics and WNBA Storm, and with no plans for a new arena here, owner Clay Bennett said Friday he will file with the NBA to relocate the teams to Oklahoma City.

Sonics 'intend to relocate'

Statement from Seattle SuperSonics & Storm chairman Clayton I. Bennett: Story

The move was hardly unexpected. Bennett had set an Oct. 31 deadline -- one year from when he took ownership -- for having a plan for a new arena to replace KeyArena, which Bennett says is unacceptable and outdated. Otherwise, he said, he would ask the league for permission to move the teams.

Not wanting to distract from the start of the Sonics season, Bennett backed off that deadline, but only briefly. He watched Thursday night's home opener against Phoenix from his owner's suite, spending most of the second half chatting with Hall of Famer Bill Russell while fans started spontaneous chants of "Save Our Sonics" during various points of the game.

"Today we notified commissioner [David] Stern that we intend to relocate the Sonics to Oklahoma City if we succeed in the pending litigation with the city, or are able to negotiate an early lease termination, or at the end of the lease term," Bennett said in a lengthy statement.

Bennett's announcement is the latest move in the fight over the Sonics' future. Currently, Bennett and the city of Seattle are bogged in a legal fight over the team's lease at KeyArena.

Bennett is arguing to get free of the final two years of the lease, while the city tries to hold the Sonics to the terms of the agreement, which calls for the team to play all its home games at KeyArena through the 2009-10 season.

The Sonics had sought arbitration to decide the lease matter, but earlier this week a federal judge blocked the team from seeking an escape through arbitration, keeping alive the city's attempts to gain a court order forcing the Sonics to play in Seattle.

Earlier this year, Bennett championed a proposal for a new arena in the suburb of Renton, calling for about $300 million in public money. That plan failed when the Washington Legislature declined the proposal.

Bennett has until March 1, 2008, to file for relocation with the league if he intends the team to play the 2008-09 season anywhere other than here.

"We now understand and respect that there is very limited public support for such a public investment,'' Bennett said.

Bennett has long said he has no intentions of splitting the Sonics and WNBA Storm, but appeared to hedge on that stance Friday. Bennett said there has been no determination on the future location for the WNBA team, which will play the 2008 season in Seattle.

A few hours before Bennett's announcement, a group of local investors offered to buy the Sonics and keep the city's oldest major league professional sports franchise from moving.

The group headed by Dennis H. Daugs, a private wealth manager and managing director of Lakeside Capital Management LLC, issued a news release Friday saying it had written a formal letter of interest to Bennett.

"We want to recapture the spirit and love of basketball in Seattle by bringing the Sonics and Storm back to local ownership,'' said Daugs, a former minority owner of the NBA franchise.

The statement did not identify anyone else in the group, nor would Daugs give that information Thursday in an interview with The Seattle Times. Also unclear was how much the group would be willing to bid.

Bennett, who bought the Sonics from a local group headed by Starbucks Coffee chairman Howard Schultz for $350 million last year, has said the club is not for sale. Schultz's group paid $200 million for the franchise in 2001.

Bennett, unhappy as was Schultz with KeyArena, said the team lost $17 million last year because of an unfavorable lease agreement with the city.

"This town loves the Sonics and Storm,'' Daugs said in the statement. "We have a genuine appreciation of the fan base. We respect the many loyal fans and we want to build a populist movement to keep the teams here. We believe there is strong local support for the Sonics and Storm.''

jak wiemy Josh Smith jest pewnie tuż za AK47, albo być może już na równi z nim w szansach osiągnięcia sławetnego 5x5...warto odnotować, że dziś już naprawdę otarł się o zanotowanie tego osiągniącia pierwszy raz w karierze - przeciw Suns miał 22pkt, 10 zb, 4as, 4prz, 5bl

pod tym linkiem można znaleźć najbardziej obszerną listę wszystkich zawodników, którzy zanotowali 5x5, jaką udało mi się znaleźć :wink:

http://nbahoopsonline.com/History/Records/5x5.html

Phoenix to Host 2009 All-Star

PHOENIX, Nov. 8, 2007 – Phoenix has been selected as the site of NBA All-Star 2009, NBA Commissioner David Stern announced today. The 58th All-Star Game will be played at the US Airways Center, home of the NBA’s Suns and 2007 WNBA Champion Mercury, on Sunday, Feb. 15, 2009. A worldwide television audience spanning over 200 countries will view the events. Fans in the United States will watch the action on TNT. Phoenix also hosted All-Star in 1975 and 1995.

"Phoenix is one of the great sports and entertainment destinations, so it is only natural that it will once again become the basketball capital of the world," said Stern. "We appreciate the leadership of Jerry Colangelo, Robert Sarver and the Suns organization for inviting us to make their arena our home for what promises to be an exciting and entertaining All-Star."

The All-Star competitions will tip off on Friday, Feb. 13, as the league’s top rookies and second-year players square off in the Rookie Challenge. The excitement will continue the next day with NBA All-Star Saturday Night, which includes Shooting Stars, a competition featuring NBA and WNBA players and NBA legends, Skills Challenge, a contest of top guards working against the clock to complete a series of passes, free throws, lay-ups and agility drills, and the Three-Point Shootout, where six of the best long-range shooters compete against each other and the clock in a test of accuracy. The evening’s grand finale, the Slam Dunk Contest, will showcase some of the NBA’s best athletes as they take to the air mystifying fans with their gravity-defying creativity.

“We are proud that Phoenix, and downtown in particular, will be showcased around the world through the media’s coverage of NBA All-Star 2009,” said Suns Managing Partner Robert Sarver. “This is a great example of how our city’s leadership, public and private, can work together to bring events with major economic impact to Phoenix.”

Not all of the action will take place on the court as the NBA will celebrate its tradition and commitment to social responsibility with a schedule of NBA Cares events taking place throughout All-Star. NBA Cares will partner with schools, government and local non-profit organizations in Phoenix and surrounding areas to highlight the league’s grassroots and community initiatives that reach millions of young people and their parents while providing critical resources to community-based programs.

One of All-Star’s most popular attractions is Jam Session, the world's largest interactive basketball theme park, which will be held at the Phoenix Convention Center. In its 16th season, Jam Session will feature over 450,000 square-feet of basketball entertainment for fans of all ages - the equivalent of 48 official-size NBA basketball courts or 18 million regulation-size basketballs.

At Jam Session, fans can test their skills on over 30 unique attractions, compare their hand and shoe sizes with those of their favorite NBA players, compete against friends at on-court skills challenges, watch youngsters slam dunk and hit three-pointers at the Kids Zone, and meet some of their favorite players and legends, celebrities and musical performers. Jam Session also offers an extensive trading card and collectibles area, the NBA Store, where fans can purchase exclusive merchandise, and Center Court, the home for All-Star entertainment, where fans can watch practices, dance teams and mascots, and celebrities, NBA, WNBA players in a variety of shooting contests.

The 2009 event marks the third time Phoenix has hosted All-Star. On Jan. 15, 1975, the New York Knicks’ and future Hall of Fame guard Walt “Clyde” Frazier scorched the West with 30 points - including 10-of-17 shooting from the field - to capture MVP honors. Played at Veterans Memorial Coliseum, the Game is remembered for the performances of many eventual Hall of Famers including Rick Barry of the Golden State Warriors, John Havlicek of the Boston Celtics, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar of the Milwaukee Bucks. Charlie Scott of the Phoenix Suns also participated in the game. In the end, the East, coached by K.C. Jones of the Washington Bullets, prevailed 108-102, against the West, led by coach Al Attles of the Warriors.

The All-Star Game returned to the desert 20 years later on Feb. 12, 1995, when Suns stars Charles Barkley and Dan Majerle were among those selected to play and Sacramento Kings guard Mitch Richmond scored 23 points in 22 minutes to earn MVP honors. Played at the then-America West Arena, Suns legend Paul Westphal coached the West to a 139-112 blowout of the East, coached by Brian Hill of the Orlando Magic. The Game displayed the talents of many players still competing in the NBA including Dikembe Mutombo, Shaquille O’Neal, Gary Payton, Penny Hardaway, Grant Hill, and Alonzo Mourning. http://www.nba.com/news/phoenixallstar_071108.html

I ( ARENAS ) Won the 2007 Weblog Award: Best Celebrity Blogger[/b]

Oh yeah! We beat out Voltron and that crew!

That’s amazing that you can beat out 30 years of Star Trek followers in two days. They should be ashamed of themselves.

The fans are 2-0 in buzzer beaters for me. We beat out Vince and then we beat out Wheaton, Wheaton the Voltron.

Wheaton fell apart in the competition worse than Britney Spears’ career has.

The other people didn’t have a chance. No one was close. Kanye ... 500 votes? Yeah, I got 10,000. You can’t tell me nothing.

Those people didn’t know how strong my followers were.

http://my.nba.com/forum.jspa?forumID=400032200

Caron Butler z Wizards byl aresztowany 15 razy nim osiagnal wiek 15 lat. Narkotyki i bron w szkole, 14 miesiecy w wiezieniu. Pozniej zmienil size calkowicie.

jak wiemy Josh Smith jest pewnie tuż za AK47, albo być może już na równi z nim w szansach osiągnięcia sławetnego 5x5...warto odnotować, że dziś już naprawdę otarł się o zanotowanie tego osiągniącia pierwszy raz w karierze - przeciw Suns miał 22pkt, 10 zb, 4as, 4prz, 5bl

mówiłem, że AK i Josh idą łeb w łeb :D wczoraj przeciw Seattle AK miał 10 pkt, 8zb, 11 as, 4 prz, 4 bl w 35 minut...aaa! co za mecz, nie dość, że zabrakło tak niewiele do kolejnego 5x5 to dodatkowo mogło to być dopiero trzecie w historii 5x5 przy jednoczesnym triple-double! że też musiał zablokować ten ostatni rzut Duranta i nie było dogrywki :lol:

ten Kirilenko to mnie czasem po prostu rozwala

mówiłem, że AK i Josh idą łeb w łeb :D wczoraj przeciw Seattle AK miał 10 pkt, 8zb, 11 as, 4 prz, 4 bl w 35 minut...aaa! co za mecz, nie dość, że zabrakło tak niewiele do kolejnego 5x5 to dodatkowo mogło to być dopiero trzecie w historii 5x5 przy jednoczesnym triple-double! że też musiał zablokować ten ostatni rzut Duranta i nie było dogrywki :lol:

a gdyby ten jeden blok, przechwyt i.. stratę więcej bylby peirwszym zawodnikiem w histroii z 5 w 6 rybrykach :wink:

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?c ... _rough.asx

Najlepsze jest jak Howard udaje kaczke... Haha. Bedzie w telewizji 12-16 pazdziernika.

EDIT

Young Jordan debuts with 3 minutes for Illinois

Like the man who gave him the best basketball DNA on the planet, Jeff Jordan plays guard with his tongue out.

The oldest son of Michael Jordan made his college debut for Illinois yesterday and got off the bench late in the second half in a 63-55 season-opening win over Northeastern in Champaign, Ill.

In his three minutes on the court, the 6-1 shooting guard wearing No. 13 took one shot - a miss - and handled the ball a few times. With his mother, Juanita, in the stands - Michael Jordan didn't make the game - Jeff Jordan looked like the walk-on freshman he is.

"It was good getting out there, breaking the ice," Jordan said after hugging his mom in the tunnel outside the Illinois locker room. "I come in with no expectations."

Juanita Jordan declined to answer questions after the game, and Jeff Jordan isn't sure when his dad will see him play. Maybe at the Maui Invitational next week in Hawaii, he said.

Jordan came to Illinois from Loyola Academy, a prep school in Wilmette, a tony northern suburb of Chicago. He turned down a scholarship offer at Valparaiso to walk on at Illinois.

Michael Jordan told "Today" host Matt Lauer a few weeks ago that he liked his son's decision to be a small fish in a relatively big pond, rather than the scholarship and starring role he could have had at a smaller school.

"The thing we have tried to tell Jeff is that you pick your own expectations," Michael Jordan said, "and if you're happy, that's all that matters."

Biedny Jeff. Współczuje generalnie synom wielkich gwiazd, zanim coś się staine już mają nadmuchany balon, wielkie teksty o tym jaka ich kariera czeka przez dziennikarzy, śledzenie każdego kroku, no i oczywiście wzór ojca. Presja większa niż gra o mistrzostwo od samego początku, nic dziwnego, że przy nagromadzeniu tego w tak młodym wieku i być może przy mniejszym talencie nie udaje im się zaistnieć. Nie twierdzę, że tak jest z każdym, bo wielu po prostu jest za słabych by coś osiągnąć, ale część psychicznie się wypala zanim cokolwiek zacznie się dziać.. IMO powinni im dać spokój, a jak wejdą do NBA to wtedy można się zacząć 'bawić'.

KarSp: Biedny Jeff. Współczuje generalnie synom wielkich gwiazd, zanim coś się staine już mają nadmuchany balon, wielkie teksty o tym jaka ich kariera czeka przez dziennikarzy

Jaki on niby biedny? A tak przy okazji to Bryantowi tez wspolczules?

teksty o tym jaka ich kariera czeka przez dziennikarzy, śledzenie każdego kroku

Biedak z tego LeBrona naprawde... Pomijajac kwestie slawnego ojca.

Presja większa niż gra o mistrzostwo od samego początku

???

nic dziwnego, że przy nagromadzeniu tego w tak młodym wieku i być może przy mniejszym talencie nie udaje im się zaistnieć

No niestety nie zostal zbyt nagrodzony gdyz nie przyznano mu nawet stypendium sportowego o ktore sie staral.

Nie twierdzę, że tak jest z każdym, bo wielu po prostu jest za słabych by coś osiągnąć, ale część psychicznie się wypala zanim cokolwiek zacznie się dziać

Wrecz przeciwnie, jeszcze wieksza motywacja. Kazdy chce byc tak dobry jak tylko byc moze. A majac wzor i wsparcie w swoim ojcu, tym bardziej. Fakt, ze Jeff jest bardziej wstydliwy niz jego mlodszy brat Marcus a juz tym bardziej MJ. Ale on chce byc soba i chce byc koszykarzem, ale po swojemu i wedle swoich wlasnych oczekiwan wzgledem samego siebie.

powinni im dać spokój, a jak wejdą do NBA to wtedy można się zacząć 'bawić'

Tak jakbys mediow nie znal. Dac mu spokoj? Przestan...

Jaki on niby biedny? A tak przy okazji to Bryantowi tez wspolczules?

Bryant nie miał za wyzwanie prześcignąć najlepszego koszykarza wszechświata. taka subtelna różnica. ;)

Biedak z tego LeBrona naprawde... Pomijajac kwestie slawnego ojca.

a Co fjane to jest? Oczywiście jest to nieodłączny element showbiznesu i mediów, ale jak się jest nastolatkiem i się jeszcez nic ine osiągnęło a wszyscy już chodzą i wypatrują kopię genialności ojca to zapewne nie jest to nic specjalnego.

No niestety nie zostal zbyt nagrodzony gdyz nie przyznano mu nawet stypendium sportowego o ktore sie staral.

A ja coś pisałem o nagradzaniu?? :)

Wrecz przeciwnie, jeszcze wieksza motywacja. Kazdy chce byc tak dobry jak tylko byc moze. A majac wzor i wsparcie w swoim ojcu, tym bardziej. Fakt, ze Jeff jest bardziej wstydliwy niz jego mlodszy brat Marcus a juz tym bardziej MJ. Ale on chce byc soba i chce byc koszykarzem, ale po swojemu i wedle swoich wlasnych oczekiwan wzgledem samego siebie.

Masz rację, ale ined o końca. Jest większa motywacja, ale w młodym wieku szybko może zmienić się w zniechęcenie, gdy przychodza niepowodzenia a są takie wymagania i teksty dziennikarzy o nowym Jordanie itp.

Tak jakbys mediow nie znal. Dac mu spokoj? Przestan...

No to już nie moja wina że oni tak funkcjonują. ;)

PS. Słowem podsumowania. Media wywołują presję, której osoba może nie wytrzymać, a może być oczywiście przeicwnie że jeszcze bardizej go zmobilizują. Ale w młodym wieku nie ma sięj escez tej psychiki, łatwiej o załamanie i zniechecenie a meida na pewno nie pomogą mu się zt eog wydostać a wręcz przeciwnie. Uważam więc, że nagłośnienie i nie danie mu spokojnej szansy na rozwój przynieise więcej szkód niż korzyści.

EOT z mojej strony, nie zaśmiecajmy wątku. ;)

PS. Jazzy, jak wkleiłes linka to się k**** to pierwsze oc mi przyszło przez myśl to ' czemu on wstawił swoje zdjęcie do tego newsa?' ;)