Skocz do zawartości

Race to the MVP

Maciek

Czy Kobe Bryant obroni sie jako MVP ligi?  

25 użytkowników zagłosowało

1. 1. Czy Kobe Bryant obroni sie jako MVP ligi?

• Tak, znow bedzie najlepszy
    • Nie
    • Dostanie ten tytuł ale z kimś ex aequo 8)

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Van zauwaz, ze srednie PER zdobywane na pozycjach rozni sie, a wiec nie jest miarodajne w zadnym stopniu. podkoszowcy i PG maja wieksze PER niz swingmani. na oko obliczenia -

PG 16.3

SG 15

SF 15.4

PF 17.4

C 17.6

poza tym wchodzi tu w gre obrona zespolowa, ktora u Lakers jest tak dobra jak zapowiadales przed sezonem. Bynum i Ariza daja kopa. Kobe broni slabiej niz pozostala czworka w tym sezonie. warto czasem poogladac inne ekipy niz LAL

• 2 miesiące temu...

Prosze bardzo

Mvp LBJ

DPOTY Howard

ROTY Rose

COTY Pop / Brown

MIP hmm Harris? / Salomons

6th hmm Jet Terry? Nie wiem czy sie lapie poprzez kontuzje Josha?

Z piatka to juz klopot bo albo zostawiamy Paula na PG I wtedy na SG mamy kllerstwo bo albo Wade albo KB albo lamiemy pozycje zaliczajac Wade na PG

Na frontcourcie Howard I ???

Wypada slabszy Bosh kontuzje TD I KG I Amare I Westa

Cholera byl jakis zdrowy PF oprocz Gasola ktory znow musial grac na C przy kontuzji Bynuma?

Piatka obronna latwa

CP3 Wade? LBJ TD Howard

po co lamac pozycje na guardach jak mozna je polamac na forwardach? :)

easy: Paul-Wade-Bryant-James-Howard ;-)

swoj typy mam bardzo podobne tyle ze bardziej zdecydowany jestem, czyli:

COTY: Brown

MIP: Harris

6th Man: Terry

A co do piatki defensywnej nie wiem co tam Wade robi :)

to tak w skrocie ;-)

a. jeszcze GMoTY: Ferry

Ten art dla tych ktorzy maja jeszcze watpliwosci lub ich myslenie przyslaniaja jakies glupkowate i wybujale mzonki.

And the winner of the MVP is ... sorry, no surprise here

By Rob Peterson, NBA.com

Posted Apr 17 2009 10:04PM

After a week in which everyone handed out end-of-the-season awards, you should arrive here knowing what you're going to get. You won't find a surprise, a last-second gotcha or a weepy confession that I had been misleading you all season.

The question is: How do you want the news delivered? How would you like me to tell you how and why LeBron James will be the 2008-09 NBA MVP? Do you want it straight or do you want it with a philosophical chaser?

Regardless, here's a sobering thought for the rest of the NBA: James is now not only the most valuable player in the NBA, he's also the best player in the NBA. And he's only 24 years old. He'll be the youngest MVP since Michael Jordan won it in 1987-88, in his fourth season, also at the age of 24.

It's hard to believe, but LeBron is already in his sixth season. In an earlier column, I mentioned how we thought LeBron was most valuable, but Kobe Bryant's skill set made him the best player in the league. Over the course of the season, as we saw more of LeBron, our thinking shifted.

As much as we admire Bryant's consummate skills and his killer instinct and as much as we are in awe over Dwyane Wade's effort and his body of work (and that his body held up under all that work), James was simply awesome, pulling off things I had never seen before.

A two-handed, overhand bounce pass from the top of the key to a backdoor cutter, and right on the money? Switch from right to left hand with Lamar Odom hanging on him and still slam it? Chase a player down like he just stole LeBron's girlfriend's purse to block the shot? Yep, 22 times.

Some cited that improvement on defense as reason to name James MVP. While it's impressive (with 137 steals and 93 blocks, he's one of two players to have 100-plus steals and 90-plus blocks; Wade is the other), he's had more steals in two previous seasons. When people talk about James' improvement on defense, they mention his on-the-ball defense and his willingness to challenge himself on that end of the floor.

But, as noted before in this space, it takes a little more than flash (and this season, Flash) to win an MVP. By nearly all the statistical and subjective metrics we discussed over the course of this season, LeBron James is the 2008-09 MVP.

Let's review, shall we?

Best player on the best team

You have to go all the way back to Jordan, in 1988, to find an MVP who did not play on a team that didn't have the league's best record, the conference's best record or was on a division winner. At 66-16, the Cavs finished atop the NBA and LeBron led his team in the following categories: points, rebounds, assists and steals. He was second in blocked shots.

Player Efficiency Rating (PER)

John Hollinger at ESPN rates a player's per-minute productivity. LeBron's PER was 31.76, just a shade under the two best PERs of all time, Michael Jordan's 31.89 in 1988 and MJ's 31.79 in 1991. A 15.00 PER is considered the league average.

In short, LeBron's season was historic. And singular. With the exception of Wade and Yao Ming, LeBron was the only other player in our Top 10 who didn't have a teammate in Hollinger's top 50. This last note would also give LeBron a leg up in the "doing more with less" argument.

NBA.com's Efficiency Rating

We've had this on our site for quite some time, but it kind of gets buried. Let me exhume it to help me make the argument. LeBron led all players with a 30.88.

Plus-Minus (+/-)

This hockey-inspired stat (the number of points scored or given up while a player is on the floor) began appearing in official NBA.com box scores last season. This season, LeBron's +/- is 871, 176 points better than the player in second place, the Lakers' Lamar Odom.

Roland Rating

Developed by 82games.com founder Roland Beech, the Roland rating is a combo of the Hollinger PER and Plus-Minus. LeBron crushes in this category with a +23.5. Dwyane Wade was a distant second with 17.9

On/Off Stats

Also developed by 82games.com, it's plus-minus based on 100 possessions. James' on/off rating was +21.0, highest in the NBA, meaning no team suffered more than the Cavs with James riding the pine.

Triple-Doubles

Often, people cite the triple-double as an indicator of a player's all-around ability. LeBron led the league with seven, and famously had an eighth, his 52-point, nine-board, 11-assist game at Madison Square Garden on Feb. 4, rescinded by the league when it took a rebound away from James and credited it to Ben Wallace.

Truthfully, James could have had a couple more, including one in New Jersey, where he scored 30 points, grabbed 12 boards and dished eight assists. In that game, James had four passes that led to the Cavs' big men getting fouled, but they couldn't convert.

As we know, stats can deceive. But then again, so can our eyes. And this is where the subjective part of choosing who is MVP comes into play. Everyone brings a certain amount of bias to an argument. When it comes to hoops, some people love offense, others love defense. Some love the players who handle the ball, others like bangers and guys who can play with their back to the basket. I'll take shooters, you can have the passers.

I had an interesting conversation before a Knicks game with another reporter about the preference of James over Bryant for this year's MVP. As we talked, we came to the same conclusion: with James, everything the Cavs do flows from him, with Kobe, everything the Lakers do flows to him.

I guess I would have to say I'm a "flow from" fan. Not that there's anything wrong or less great than "flow to" players such as Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Moses Malone, Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki and Bryant. Those are some of the greatest players to ever pull on a pair of short pants and those guys are great when you absolutely, positively needed a bucket, a rebound or a blocked shot.

Often, my bias is to guys like Oscar Robertson, Clyde Frazier, Magic Johnson, Jordan, John Stockton, Steve Nash, Wade and yes, even Kobe. Guys who run the show. Guys who know where their teammates like the ball and when to deliver it. Guys who will make sure the hot guy stays hot. But they're also guys who know when to take over when needed.

In all the Cleveland games I've attended and watched on TV this season, you could see James working to get his teammates involved, passing up open 20-footers to get the ball to the guys who were two feet from the hoop. You could see him willingly draw two defenders so he could find a Mo Williams in the short corner or Delonte West in the far corner or Zydrunas Ilgauskas on the pick-and-roll.

And when his teammates couldn't complete the task, LeBron would clean up the mess himself. While he didn't need to be "The Man" as much as he had in the past, LeBron, more so than any time in his career, became better at recognizing when he needed to take over.

And this is one of the reasons that Cleveland's 3-6 record against Boston, Orlando and the Lakers -- the other three in the NBA's Fab Four -- is dismaying for anyone who touts James for MVP. When his teammates couldn't get it done, it was often up to James to carry the Cavs past these top-tier teams. And frankly, the James and the Cavs had a tough time. It's why, if the Cavs and Lakers meet in The Finals, the Lakers will be favored.

It's James' one demerit in an otherwise otherworldly season.

We all want to see excellence, and we want to see it night in and night out from our MVP candidates. We want that package of otherworldly skills, steady leadership and 48-minute intensity, and we want that guy for our team because we know that guy will help our team win, and more often than not, win more than anyone else and do so consistently and spectacularly.

This year, it was LeBron James. That's why he's my pick for MVP.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/r ... index.html

COTY - Mike Brown

No nie powiem, cieszę się :) Bądź co bądź - dla Cavs ;) Przez ostatnie lata miałem (nie tylko ja) poważne wątpliwości co do jego umiejętności trenerskich nie związanych z defensywą ... Ale starsi asystenci mu najwyraźniej pomogli i jakoś w tym sezonie ewoluował ;) Do tego dużo serca wkłada w grę zespołu co widać choćby po ilości techników ... Oby jak najrzadziej zdarzały mu się jakieś dziwaczne odpały i nietrafne decyzje ;) Czy to nie najmłodszy COTY w historii?

DPOTY - Howard ... Bez niespodzianek ... LeBron dosyć daleko za nim w tyle ... Choć zdominował 2 miejsca ;) Szczerze mówiąc dziwi mnie tak wysoka pozycja Battier'a ... który już od jakiegoś czasu jedzie na opinii dosyć konkretnie ... No ale skoro nawet Hedo dostał od kogoś głos to takie rzeczy nie mogą dziwić ;)

• 2 tygodnie później...

No i elegancko :) Wprawdzie MVP nie było głównym celem tego sezonu, to miło że LeBrona uhonorowali w taki sposób ... Chyba dawno nie było takiej dominacji na tych 1 miejscach (choć mogę się mylić) ;) No wspaniale się LeBron zachował zapraszając kolegów na stage, dziękując im i mówiąc, że to "ich nagroda, ale będzie stała u niego w domu" ;)

EDIT

A i swoją drogą to ostatnie pytanie na konferencji o tym co będzie dalej ... No LeBron jednoznacznie bądź co bądź nie odpowiedział ...

A i swoją drogą to ostatnie pytanie na konferencji o tym co będzie dalej ... No LeBron jednoznacznie bądź co bądź nie odpowiedział ...

Dziwisz mu sie? Zostawia sobie furtke na 2010 rok. Oczywiscie ze "powinien" zostac w Cleveland, jego "home team", jest nadzieja calego stanu Ohio w koncu na tytul Mistrza w zawodowej lidze, po tylu latach, jak odejdzie zlamie serca wszystkim kibicom w Ohio.

Niemniej jednak Bron to tez biznesmen, jak zwietrzy ze lepiej mu bedzie w NY, NJ, LA czy cholera wie gdzie jeszcze to ciezko bedzie go zatrzymac, lato 2010r zapowiada sie fascynujaco.

COTY - Mike Brown

Czy to nie najmłodszy COTY w historii?

Chyba nie :roll: Mike Brown ma 39 lat, a Harry Gallatin, pierwszy w NBA COTY w sezonie 62/63 (St. Louis Hawks) miał 36 lat, Dolph Schayes z 76'ers miał 37 lat (1965/66), ale nic nie przebije wielkiej trójcy: ś.p. Johnny Kerr (Bulls), Richie Guerin (St. Louis) oraz Ray Scott(Pistons) - ci mieli po 34-35 :!:

Chyba dawno nie było takiej dominacji na tych 1 miejscach (choć mogę się mylić) ;)

Nie mylisz się :)

Dawno nie było takiej dominacji. Nie wiem, jak to było w ostatnich latach, ale przeważnie kandydatów było więcej. Tym razem LeBron był pewny jak w banku. Ostatnio w 2000r niejaki Shaquille zdobyłby komplet wskazań na miejscu pierwszym, gdyby jakiś jeden szaleniec nie wskazał go jako drugiego... za Iversonem. Czyli ciągle jest miejsce na poprawę tego wyniku :wink:

nalezalo mu sie co do tego nie ma zadnych watpliwosci.

tak sobie mysle teraz, ze zeby bylo sprawiedliwie

lakers powinni wygrac w ty roku

mvp w przyszlym roku powinien dostac wade a wygrac powinni cavs.

w ten sposob kazdy z tej trojki mialby i mvp sezonu i misia i mvp finalow:D