Skocz do zawartości

Offseason 2020

nba2midnight

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

The NBA ostensibly cracked down tampering.

How is that going?

Brian Windhorst of ESPN:

I have already heard of a deal that’s been agreed to. Who knows whether it’s true or not?

Bobby Marks of ESPN:

I had one agent – because I was talking about his free agent and salary projections, right? And he said, “Hey, you’re really low. I’ve already got two offers from two different teams.”

Multiple teams are asking the NBA for clarity on offseason dates. Because of how tight windows are, teams would like some direction on dates beyond just the November 18 NBA Draft. There are rumors circulating that some free agents have already reached agreements for next season.

Even if the NBA’s salary cap doesn’t end up increasing at all for the 2020/21 season, teams are lobbying for a bump in the luxury tax line, according to ESPN’s Bobby Marks (Twitter link).
Edytowane przez nba2midnight

W dniu 24.10.2020 o 18:37, Jendras napisał:

zwłaszcza że do tej pory klub na swoje gwiazdki chuchał i dmuchał

Ja tam nie wiem czy chuchał i dmuchał, ale jak Ziona ktoś nie weźmie za ryj, to za rok nie będzie czego ratować tam - o etykę pracy i ciężkie treningi reszty chłopaków się nie obawiam.

- Today's @LockedOnMavs Podcast - Everyone is on the table except Luka & KP - Mavs want to trade up into the Lottery - The Mavs nearly traded for Danilo Gallinari

- According to @townbrad, the Mavs are willing to trade anyone on their roster except for Luka and Porzingis “in order to win now.”

- The Atlanta Hawks are shopping their first-round pick and intend to push for the playoffs, per @KevinOConnorNBA Atlanta currently holds the 6th pick in the draft.

- Hawks will explore signing Nets free agent Joe Harris in free agency, per source. Harris is expected to have interest from many teams around the league

According to @IanBegley, several teams stated that the Knicks are “open” to taking on a bad contract via trade in hopes of acquiring an asset in return

-
The Clippers have interest in signing the Lakers' Rajon Rondo, league sources say, and are expected to pursue Rondo when free agency opens in November

I...

Adrian Wojnarowski: After 35 years of stewardship, the Millers have entered into an agreement to sell the Utah Jazz to Qualtrics founder @RyanQualtrics, sources tell ESPN. 

via Twitter wojespn

Edytowane przez nba2midnight

3 minuty temu, january napisał:

Ciekawe, że zatrudnili wcześniej Riversa, którego jednym z powodów wypieprzenia z Clipps był ponoć brak słuchania analityków. A chwilę potem zatrudnili Moreyballa:)

Niemniej fajny dysonans z Moreyem dostającym po swoim ultrasmallballu chyba najbadziej bigball roster (4xPF+ w s5) w lidze, czekam na ruchy :) 

Pierwszy ruch - spuszcza Ala z miłym dodatkiem w postaci Thybulle. Idę w zakład.

48 minut temu, WD_czterdzieści napisał:

Tylko czy po zmianie na Moreya ci dwaj najważniejsi nadal utrzymają ten status.

Ludzie sobie chyba zbyt dużo oczekują po Moreyu (czy innym Riversie) - żeby ruszyć nawet takiego Simmonsa (24 lata, borderline All-NBA Team gracz w regularze) trzeba znaleźć jakąś super okazję: np. gdyby Harden złożył trade request - i ignorując Westbrooka w Houston, to taka wymiana miałaby pewnie z perspektywy logiki NBA teamów sens. Innymi słowy, jakby taki Lillard złożył request, a Blazers chcieli dalej mieć dobry zespół (a nie worek picków od jakichś Pels) - to wtedy mogliby sobie wziąć takiego Simmonsa, który nie jest wymianą jeden do jednego za Lillarda, ale gwarantuje, że Blazers dalej mieliby okej zespół przez lata. Jako, że nikogo takiego na horyzoncie na razie nie ma, to prawdopodobnie żadnej rewolucji nie będzie (do momentu, gdy jakiś Simmons zażąda wymiany), bo teamy w NBA są dużo bardziej konserwatywne niż przeciętny NBA kibic, i z reguły nikt nie odda Bena Simmonsa za CJ McColluma, bo może a nuż McCollum w playoffach będzie lepszym fitem. Analogicznie jest z wyborami trenerów. Jak ktoś uważa Simmonsa za przeciętniaka, to luz, ja piszę o czymś innym.

Jedyne gwiazdy, które wydają się na 'horyzoncie' w tym momencie, to 47-letni CP3 i Paul George w contract year po słabym sezonie, tak że zdecydlowanie nie materiał pod wymianę za Embiida/Simmonsa. Sixers będą mieli inne zadania przed sobą, ale (w wymianach) to z reguły okazja robi dobrego GM-a (nie na odwrót), więc Morey jest tutaj troché drugorzędny, bo Sixers zdecydowanie potrzebują okazji.

Trochę newsów w oryginalnej formie z różnorodnych źródeł.

-I've already been told with a few expletives included by somebody with the Rockets: 'No, Daryl, James Harden for Ben Simmons is not happening. Don't ask,' said Tim MacMahon on the Brian Windhorst podcast.

- Sam Cassell is expected to join the Philadelphia 76ers coaching staff, reported NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Clark.

- Jeff Van Gundy was one of three finalists for the Houston Rockets' head coaching job after long being considered the favorite. But the Rockets ultimately decided to hire Stephen Silas for the job and the reason could have pivoted on Houston's stars not supporting Van Gundy's candidacy to the degree that would have made all parties comfortable.

- Lamelo Ball is reportedly struggling during his pre-draft interviews, sources told Rick Bonnell of The Charlotte Observer.

"Here is what I’m hearing from the league at large: LaMelo Ball is not performing very well at job interviews. I’ve heard that from multiple sources. He is not improving his perception via job interview.

- The Philadelphia 76ers recently signed Elton Brand to a contract extension, according to reporting from Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer and Brian Windhorst of ESPN.

- The Indiana Pacers have discussed a potential Victor Oladipo trade with the Milwaukee Bucks, sources tell Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer.

At this point, a deal between the Pacers and Bucks seems unlikely.

-  Meyers Leonard loaded up the RV Friday, wife Elle and Siberian husky Koko alongside, unsure of whether Miami was in his rearview mirror for a matter of weeks or as a permanent change of address. About to hit free agency, the 28-year-old center said he is unsure whether his Miami Heat career will be limited to 2019-20′s run to the NBA Finals or accommodations can be made for a return.   via Ira Winderman @ South Florida Sun-Sentinel

NBA Central: The Miami Heat are expected to show interest in Wesley Matthews, per @Ethan J. Skolnick

Kellan Olson: James Jones said he wants to continue to add shooters and playmakers after seeing what the team is capable of in Orlando. Said that it comes across all 5 positions..

Windhorst sat down with Jas Kang of Silver Screen and Roll and had an interesting answer about how the Lakers could end up improving their roster. “There’s a deal out there for them for another guard. That would be interesting. I’ll see if they actually go forward with it. It’s a guard on the last year of his contract who was great last year for his team and that team may be looking to move him. That would be interesting.”

- The NBA will almost certainly begin the 20-21 season either on December 22nd or Martin Luther King Day on January 18th. The NBA's finance committee projects an additional $500 million in revenue during the season if they start before Christmas Day. The players are currently resisting the earlier start date though it would likely interfere with players who hope to participate in the 2021 Olympics. 

"I think those are the two options," Malcolm Brogdon said. "We're either going to start MLK Day, which I think a lot of the players are leaning towards, or we're going to start the 22nd, Christmastime. But the huge difference is revenue.

Shams Charania ShamsCharania 
4m 
The NBA and NBPA are extending today’s deadline to Nov. 6 for either side to serve notice on terminating the collective bargaining agreement, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA@Stadium.

lC3YnIYF_normal.jpg 
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn 

4m 
ESPN Sources: For fourth time, NBA and NBPA agree to extend deadline to serve notice on terminating the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Extension goes to Nov. 6 now, which allows additional time for talks on CBA modifications. Discussions are ongoing this weekend.

nKXnm0aN_normal.jpg 
Shams Charania 
ShamsCharania 
1m 
If either side provides notice by Nov. 6, the CBA will terminate by December 14 — unless the parties agree otherwise.

lC3YnIYF_normal.jpg 
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn 

17s 
There's still a gulf between NBA and NBPA on a start date for the 2020-2021 season, sources tell ESPN. NBA wants pre-Christmas; NBPA still preferring mid-January. Economic issues remain significant, including escrow withholding on player salaries w/ revenues down b/c of no fans.

To za Ignazzem luźne wrzuty zza wielkiej wody:

Milwaukee Bucks Receive: Victor Oladipo and Robert Covington

Indiana Pacers Receive: Eric Bledsoe, Ersan Ilysasova and their own 2020 first-round pick (returned from Milwaukee)

Houston Rockets Receive: Donte DiVincenzo, Doug McDermott, Milwaukee Bucks' top-eight-protected 2024 first-round pick and Milwaukee Bucks' 2022 second-round pick (via Indiana)

Golden State Warriors Receive: Myles Turner, Charlotte Hornets' 2021 second-round pick (via Brooklyn)

Indiana Pacers Receive: Nicolas Batum (opt-in), No. 3 pick in the 2020 draft, Golden State Warriors' 2020 second-round pick (via Dallas)

Charlotte Hornets Receive: Andrew Wiggins, No. 2 pick in the 2020 draft, Indiana Pacers' 2020 second-round pick

Brooklyn Nets Receive: Bradley Beal and Taj Gibson

New York Knicks Receive: John Wall, Rodions Kurucs, Washington Wizards' No. 9 pick in the 2020 draft, Washington Wizards' top-five-protected 2024 first-round pick

Washington Wizards Receive: Caris LeVert, Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince, Kevin Knox II, New York Knicks' 2020 first-round pick (via Los Angeles Clippers), Brooklyn Nets' 2020 first-round pick (via Philadelphia 76ers)

1. 4.

Phoenix Suns Receive: Chris Paul, Enes Kanter (opt-in), Vincent Poirier and Boston Celtics' 2020 first-round pick

Oklahoma City Thunder Receive: Ricky Rubio, Kelly Oubre Jr., Phoenix Suns' 2021 lottery-protected first-round pick and Boston Celtics' 2020 first-round pick (via Milwaukee)

Boston Celtics Receive: Hamidou Diallo and Oklahoma City's 2023 first-rounder (swap rights with Los Angeles Clippers)

Philadelphia 76ers Receive: Zach LaVine and Otto Porter Jr. (opt-in)

Chicago Bulls Receive: Tobias Harris, De'Andre Hunter, Atlanta Hawks' 2020 first-round pick, Atlanta Hawks' lottery-protected 2021 first-round pick and Philadelphia 76ers' 2020 first-round pick (via Oklahoma City)

Atlanta Hawks Receive: Josh Richardson, Matisse Thybulle, Cristiano Felicio and Philadelphia 76ers' 2021 first-round pick