Skocz do zawartości

Ciekawe artykuly o Raps i VC

M_a_R_o

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

W sumie nie ma tu takiego topicu i jak znajdziemy gdzies jakis ciekawy link to nie ma go gdzie usmiecic, wiec pomyslalem, ze warto zalozyc taki topic i bedziemy tu zamieszczali linki do ciekawych artykulow o Toronto.. no i o Carterze 8)

troche moze stary link ale wlasnie przeczytalem i w sumie ciekawy:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/swirsky_041220.html

• 3 miesiące temu...

Temat zapomniany, nikt się nie wypowiadał, żadnych komentarzy, wieć ja spróbuje coś napisać.

Nie wiem czy artykuł ciekawy, ale myśle zę warto przeczytać. Napisalałęm wspólnymi siłąmi z Wróblem artykuł podsumowujacy sezon 2004/2005 w wykonaniu Raptors.

http://www.raptors.e-nba.pl/pods_sezon05.php

Wszelkie komentarze mile widziane

Zapraszamy, miłej lektury.

• 4 miesiące temu...

Może to nie typowy artykuł, ale dostałem na maila list od Roba Babcocka. Kto zna troche angielski szybko rozszyfruje, nie chce mi się całości tłumaczyć.

"Dear Wróbel,

As we wrap up a busy offseason for the Raptors, I thought I'd take a moment to touch base with you and the rest of the Raptors Insiders and let you know how things went this summer from my perspective.

We had a promising summer league season, playing in both Los Angeles and Minnesota. Though our two first round picks, Charlie Villanueva and Joey Graham suffered minor injuries, they both showed great skills and potential.

They are rookies and will go through the development curve, but they bring great potential to our club and they are both outstanding young men. The coaches had our summer players playing defence and team basketball. The guys were fun to watch perform and more fun to be around.

Both Chris Bosh and Loren Woods joined the team in LA and you could feel the passion growing with this young team. The young Raptors, led by Bosh, are ready to step up and be counted.

A few weeks ago, we gave an offer sheet to Chris Duhon of the Chicago Bulls. Chris was a restricted free agent, which meant the Bulls had seven days to match the offer or let him go. We felt that there was an outside chance that they would not match because they still had to re-sign Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry and Jannero Pargo and there were several "amnesty players" available.

The Bulls did match our offer, but we were able to move on and re-sign Matt Bonner. Matt has been a priority since the start and it was tough to make the choice of Duhon over Matt, but we knew that whichever way it went, we were going to have a good young player for our team. Matt represents the type of character that we are building around for our future.

Pape Sow, who we re-signed earlier, and Jose Calderon who we signed from Spain are two more young players that represent all the good things you want from a player in team athletics.

We may have some growing pains, but we are all very excited about the quality of talent and character of these young players.

A lot of people ask me what keeps us busy in August and September. When I first joined the league, these two months were our down time. Now there is really no such thing as down time in the NBA. This summer has been especially busy with the pushed back times, due to the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, and the addition of "amnesty players". I've mentioned this twice so far, so I should explain what an "amnesty player" is.

The league initiated this "one time" rule for the new CBA. A team could waive a player and have his salary come off of the "luxury tax" computation. The team would still pay his salary, but would not have to pay tax on that salary. If a team is over the "luxury tax", the tax is at least one dollar per dollar over the tax line. If a team was $20 million over the cap and waived a player making $10 million a year for three more years, then the team could save at least $30 million in taxes.

This is just a one-time deal, but it added 18 more players to the free agent market that were unexpected. This has caused a ripple effect and pushed back signings by about two weeks and made this time of year even busier.

I am currently in Minnesota and yesterday was a typical "down time" day.

I talked with five teams about potential trades (I stress potential), I talked with eight agents who have players that are interested in being our "third point guard", I talked with Steve Fruitman (Director of Basketball Finance) at least five times about player contracts. I talked with Jacquie Allinson (my administrative assistant) about work permits and a community project. I talked with Jim LaBumbard (Director of Media Relations) about some interview requests, I talked with Scott Howard (Director of International Player Personnel) who is scouting in the Dominican Republic, I talked with my brother Pete (Director of NBA Personnel) about free agent point guards (and about that album of mine he has had since 1968!!). I talked with Sam Mitchell about training camp and point guards, and with Wayne Embry (Advisor to the President) about point guards.

That was my "vacation day". Our coaches and trainers are traveling a few days a week to work out players and scouts are watching tape on free agents and draft prospects for next year.

None of us would think of complaining because this is basketball and we love it. This is our life and it is one of those careers that isn't a job, it's part of you and part of your family. Like all jobs, it can be tiring, stressful and frustrating at times, but we have a great staff and they all believe in our philosophy - play hard, play team ball, support each other both on and off the court, get involved with the community, and do things the right way.

At some point every team goes through its share of losing and tough times, but we are committed to this team and doing things the right way. When you are surrounded by good people who believe in a common cause and work together, good things are going to happen. It will take time, but it will happen.

I look forward to seeing you at games and being a part of the development of this team.

Rob Babcock

General Manager

Toronto Raptors

"

• 1 miesiąc temu...
  • 2 tygodnie później...
  • 2 tygodnie później...
  • 2 tygodnie później...

Nie, nie, nie i jeszcze raz NIE :!: Spree to konfliktowy gracz, ktory wczesinej czy pozniej wybuchnie. Sciągajac go mamy juz 2 mocno porblematycznych i narzekajacych graczy. NIe idzie nam, dobra, ale narazie atmosfera w ekipie jest dobra, Spree juz nie jedną chemie rozwalił, nie chciałbym aby podobnie stało sie u nas. Teraz w czasie kiedy nie mamy mocniej ekipy, trezba dobrez dobierac ludzi, ktory nie zwątpią po kilku pierwszych porazkach, nie zaczną sie wykłócac o byle co. SG moze by sie przydał, sportowo Spree z pewnoscia by pomógł, ale aspekty poza boiskowe raczej zniechecaja do zakupu tego gracza. Pomijajac wyzej nawet to co napisane wyzej, teraz wezmie mały kontrakt, a potem zacznie sie wykócac o duzo wiekszy bo biede klepie. Powtarzajac, jestem przeciw.

Kolejny list od Babcocka wyjaśniający dotychczasowe niepowodzenia (choć ja w nie nie wierze)

Dear Raptors Fans,

As you know, at 0-6 our team has not had the start to the season that we were hoping for. However, we are, for the most part, pleased with the work ethic and dedication our young team has shown--and we remain very positive about the future. We are committed to developing this team through our young players. We are more concerned about building a team that will be consistently in the playoffs and that will compete for a championship than we are about short-term results.

Tough times are going to be a part of a plan like this. Being a young player (especially a rookie) in the NBA is somewhat like being a freshmen in high school. Everyone is bigger, stronger and quicker than they were in college and of course, they're better players. Shots that you thought were open are blocked. Passes that would have gotten through in college are picked off. An extra dribble to the basket that got you a dunk in college is stripped before you get close to the basket. Joey Graham tested out as the best athlete at the Chicago Pre-Draft Camp in June. He is used to being able to do whatever he wants physically. That changes in the NBA. Take a look at Joey's defensive assignments for the first six games: Antawn Jamison, Richard Jefferson, Richard Hamilton, Lebron James, Andrei Kirilenko, and Rashard Lewis. Talk about being thrown into the fire. Joey had what he thought was a wide open shot against Utah (only to have Kirilenko reach up and slap it away).

Joey, like our other young players, is working hard and making adjusments every day. Charlie Villanueva averaged just eight points a game in the first five games as he was learning that defensive intensity changes from pre-season to real games. Then he exploded for 26 points and 12 rebounds vs. Seattle. Now we can't expect him to produce like that every night, but you certainly can see the potential that is there. Our players are watching tape, working with the coaches and they are determined to succeed in this league. More importantly, they are quality people and great teammates that want to win. Believe me, the losing is much more difficult on these players than it is on anyone else.

We will have nights like we did in Detroit where it's just down right ugly, but we will have games like Seattle, where it looked like we were done (several times) and we fought back to force overtime. These young men are talented and each week we are seeing improvement. We're seeing flashes in games of what the future will bring. Eventually, the hard work will result in more wins. Meanwhile, we are being patient and continuing to work with and develop our players. I can tell you that this group of young men are a pleasure to work with and they are all winners. They are not winners on the court yet, but they have winning attitudes and they have the desire and work ethic to get there.

And off the court you won't find a better group of guys that live our philosophy of getting involved in the community and doing things the right way. I hope that you will be patient as we develop this team. What is important for us is that we're better in February than we are in November --and better in April than we are in February. We believe in our plan and we will not scrap it because of early season losses. This is a team for the future and we hope you are there with us.

Thank you for your support

Gość
Ten temat został zamknięty. Brak możliwości dodania odpowiedzi.
  • Ostatnio przeglądający   0 użytkowników

• Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników przeglądających tę stronę.
  • Dodaj nową pozycję...

Powiadomienie o plikach cookie

Umieściliśmy na Twoim urządzeniu pliki cookie, aby pomóc Ci usprawnić przeglądanie strony. Możesz dostosować ustawienia plików cookie, w przeciwnym wypadku zakładamy, że wyrażasz na to zgodę.