Skocz do zawartości

San Antonio 50 Years Spurs 2022/23

ignazz

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Nawet bardziej niż "grubo" (nota bene ciekawy dobór słowa biorąc pod uwagę charakter sprawy)

Cytat

Dr. Hillary Cauthen made her first report about the alleged inappropriate conduct of Joshua Primo to management of the San Antonio Spurs in January 2022, according to a lawsuit filed by her attorney Tony Buzbee.

Cauthen is a sports psychologist. 

Buzbee said Primo first exposed his penis to Cauthen in December of 2021 in one of their first sessions.

"Primo repeatedly exposed his genitals (nine times in total) to Dr. Cauthen during individual private sessions, despite her numerous complains about Primo's improper sexual conduct to the organization's leadership."

The lawsuit claims Cauthen lost her "dream job" because the Spurs "ignored her repeated reports of indecent exposure on the part of Primo."

The Spurs picked up the 23-24 option on the contract of Primo in October, months after learning of the allegations. San Antonio subsequently waived Primo last week.

Citing anonymous sources close to Primo, TMZ.com reported Monday that Primo is “adamant he did absolutely nothing wrong.”

Those sources told TMZ.com that Primo insists he never intentionally exposed himself.”

Także tak... Temat pojawił się w styczniu, był podnoszony "kilka" razy, a klub pozbył się go dopiero po domniemanej historii w hotelu w Minneapolis. Jeżeli to okaże się prawdą, to Spurs będą mieli spory problem wizerunkowy.

Here is the timeline alleged in the complaint:

• December 2021: Primo exposes himself to Dr Cauthen
  • January 2022: Dr Cauthen requests a meeting with Brian Wright and "makes clear" the purpose of the meeting [1]
  • March 21, 2022: Meeting with Brian Wright takes place - Wright says he will develop a plan to deal with this and meet with Primo and his agent
  • Sometime between March 21 and April 13, 2022: Dr Cauthen meets with Primo again and Primo again exposes himself [2]. Primo requests at least one other session with Cauthen but she avoids it
  • April 13, 2022: Cauthen and Wright meet again. Cauthen expresses frustration that nothing has been done yet. Wright asks her for a recommendation on what should be done. She says she doesn't know, the team should figure it out. Wright tells her that Spurs legal will be in touch
  • May 2022: Cauthen meets multiple times with Spurs Legal. Spurs legal tell her an investigation will take place, and that she should avoid contact with Primo [3].
  • A week later (sometime in May): Cauthen requests an update and a copy of the investigation [4]. Spurs legal tells her that Primo will continue to participate in team activities and that Cauthen shouldn't feel uncomfortable because she has seen Primo repeatedly in the past [5], but since she is uncomfortable she should work from home. Cauthen felt this was an act of retaliation against her for raising the complaint [6]
  • Sometime in June, 2022: Cauthen meets with Spurs Legal and HR again, who say they have spoken to Primo. As a result of that discussion, they suggested a facilitated conversation with Primo and Cauthen to shed light on why Primo is exposing himself [7]. Cauthen refuses.
  • The following week, presumably June, 2022: Cauthen and Spurs Legal and HR meet again. The tell Cauthen that they are going to put a corrective process in place for these types of incidents [8]. They also tell her they have informed Coach Pop of this [9]. They inquire whether Cauthen has retained legal counsel [10] and tell her to avoid communication with Primo until further notice [11]
  • June 16, 2022: Spurs hold a "Respect in the Workplace" training. Some staff members joke during the training. Cauthen feels this is not being taken seriously and there would be no accountability.
  • July 2022: Cauthen meets with Spurs Legal again. She expresses frustration at the lack of action by the Spurs. They tell her not to travel with the team to Las Vegas [12]. They again ask if she has retained legal counsel.
  • August 31: Cauthen's contract expires and it is not renewed [13]

Takie są zarzuty 

1] What does "Make Clear" the purpose mean? Did she say "I want to discuss concerning issues with Josh"? Or "I need to discuss that Josh has been showing me his penis"? This matters, because the degree to which she "made clear" the issue is important to Brian Wright's urgent response to a meeting request.
[2] Why did she meet with Primo again after the meeting with Wright? At who's urging did this meeting take place? The Spurs? Primo?
[3] Proper protocol here - Spurs were correct in telling her to avoid contact with Primo, though Wright probably should have told her this in the March meeting
[4] It would never be appropriate for the accuser to receive a copy of the investigation report. She should know this. Complaint doesn't make clear if investigation ever occurred (she should know, as she would have been interviewed by the party conducting the investigation)
[5] Huh? If true, totally bizarre thing for Spurs Legal to say. Maybe she remembers this incorrectly? Who knows. Weird.
[6] Spurs telling her she can work from home is an accommodation to her feeling uncomfortable, but she construed it as retaliation. Retaliation is a serious thing here... that I think is the bigger accusation than the idea of "not doing enough". 
[7] If it went down this way, the Spurs would have been admitting that he exposed himself, which would make this request awkward and inappropriate. However, that may be the way the plaintiff attorney is wording it. I doubt the Spurs said "let's meet to see why he is exposing himself" but rather "we talked to Josh... why don't we all talk"?
[8] Spurs should have had this in place before. This is problematic. 
[9] Actually not sure why any of this is relevant unless it is to later add Pop as a party to the suit if discovery shows that Pop was, in fact, informed
[10] This suggest Spurs are worried at this point
[11] This is appropriate
[12] This would seem appropriate considering there are issues with a player exposing himself to her. She construes this as retaliation
[13] Spurs do not renew. They have the right to not renew her contract for any reason. But, she views that as retaliation. If it was in retaliation, that is bad.

A takie komentarze dodatkowe 

6 godzin temu, lorak napisał:

i że to tego doszło, to fuck up przede wszystkim ze strony tej psycholog oraz spurs, bo to oni powinni zareagować i pomóc choremu Primo.

Wiadomo. Dziś pojawił się news że umarł Igor Sypniewski - jeden z największych talentów w historii polskiej piłki nożnej. On też był chory i jemu też nikt nie pomógł. To że gość od dziecka był mentalnym żulem i przepił karierę, to również wina otoczenia - i w ogóle całego świata.

31 minut temu, Pablo81 napisał:

Ja się pytam, co ta babka miała zrobić?

po max 2-3 razach urwać wszelkie kontakty z nim i skierować do specjalisty. 

to tez nie jest tak, ze on postępuje w ten sposób, bo tak sobie wybral. to zaburzenie, nad którym się nie ma kontroli i często jego przyczyna są traumy z dzieciństwa. tak wiec radziłbym nie ocenić go ze swojej perspektywy, bo takie sytuacje są zwykle bardziej skomplikowane.

36 minut temu, lorak napisał:

po max 2-3 razach urwać wszelkie kontakty z nim i skierować do specjalisty. 

to tez nie jest tak, ze on postępuje w ten sposób, bo tak sobie wybral. to zaburzenie, nad którym się nie ma kontroli i często jego przyczyna są traumy z dzieciństwa. tak wiec radziłbym nie ocenić go ze swojej perspektywy, bo takie sytuacje są zwykle bardziej skomplikowane.

Do specjalisty? Myslisz, że pewnie nie próbowała. Pisała w swoim oswiadczebiu, że od 10 miesięcy informowała organizacje o powadze sytuacji. Siła go miała tam zawieź?

Nie ma się nad tym kontroli, piszesz? Spurs to organizacja, gdzie świetnie dobierają ludzi pod względem charaktetologicznym. Myslisz, że taka przypadłość można by łatwo zataić w przeszłości? Nie ma dla Ciebie cienia szans, że on to uważał za np zabawne? 

1 minutę temu, kcp78 napisał:

Przepraszam bardzo, ale ktoś tu kurwi logikę. Facet ma zaburzenie, na skutek którego, obnaża się przed ludźmi. Z odsieczą przychodzi 'specjalistka', po czym stwierdza, że to 'niepodobna', i na takie warunki pracy, to ona się nie zgadza. To są jakieś, k****, żarty!... 

Skąd wiesz, że ma zaburzenie?